Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bonjour Paris: A Photo Overload

When Shawn and I decided to accept his company’s offer to live abroad, one of the things that we said we would do while on this assignment is travel.  Travel a lot.
It’s easy to city hop in Europe because everything is so close.
Since Aunt Traci is here we decided to take the two hour train ride to the City of Light.

005
We arrived bright and early.
Shawn was in charge of directions and navigation.
It’s a good job for him because he rocks at it.

024

Even though Hannah is probably too old to ride in a stroller, we took one along. 
There’s no way we could ask her to walk around a city this big all day.
Plus, we could move faster and cover more ground with her in the stroller.
But it broke shortly after we arrived.
So my hubs pulled a MacGuyver and repaired it.
With a plastic bag and a twist tie thingy that he had in his backpack.
Oh, yes he did.
025

DSC_0435

From the train station we took the Metro to our first stop: The Eiffel Tower.
From there we walked and walked.
By the time it got dark, we had walked through a Christmas Market, had lunch, walked the length of the Champs d’ Elysse, saw the Arc de Triomphe and Luxor Obelisk, had dinner and made our way back to the Eiffel Tower to get a few night pictures and catch the Metro back to the train station. 

paris1

eiffeltower5

eiffeltower7

023

eiffeltower6

eiffeltowerjump

eiffeltower4

arc1

DSC_0485

eiffeltower2

eiffeltower3

paris2

There’s certainly more to see and do.
But I think we did pretty well for just one day.
And having a preschooler in tow.
Who LOVED it, by the way. 
Au revoir, Paris.
We’ll see you again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what an AH-MAZING day! I absolutely love all the pictures. I have one of me in front of the Eiffel Tower when I was 17. I'll have to find it and scan it in.

    I especially love that you got to do all this with your sister. How fun!

    ReplyDelete